Minutes of a Special Meeting held in the Council Chambers, 937907 Marsh Bay Road, Coleman Township, on Tuesday, December 4th, 2007 at 6:00 p.m.
There were present:
Township of Coleman Mayor: C. Belanger
Councillor: A. Chitaroni
L. Perry Clerk-Treasurer: C. Bigelow
Council was given copies of the following for their review prior to Council’s approval at the next regular meeting:
1. Breault Drive Agreement
2. Ratepayers’ Comment form
3. Maintenance and Occupancy of Property proposed by-law
4. DTSSAB: Public Notice – Water Filter Fund
Mayor Belanger read correspondence received from STATS Canada regarding Coleman’s census advising their response should be received within two weeks.
The following correspondence was tabled:
1. Town of Caledon – Aggregate fees
2. Town of Cobalt – Accommodation Review Cobalt Public School
2. Coreal Cuisine – Gift Basket Order Form 2007
3. Bell – BCE Inc. has entered into a definitive agreement to be indirectly acquired.
4. CJTT – Season Greetings 2007
5. Ministry of Revenue – Invitation to Municipalities in Northern Ontario to Pre-Qualify for Provincial Land Tax Reform Administration Opportunity
6. Therese Casgrain – Volunteer Award
Council reviewed a quote from Belanger Aluminum Products Limited for a disability access door – this project to be deferred to next year.
Councillor Perry declared a Conflict with matters dealing with the Speaker.
Council approved a purchase of an ad for the Winter Visitor’s Guide – $68.00.
– Canadian Guide Dogs
– Clive Doucet – a message from City of Ottawa
– MNDM – Ontario invests in Atikokan Economy
– AMO – LAS adds energy management software
– AMO – Renewed Provincial Commitment to put Municipalities on a firm financial footing
– AMO – Fight Climate change
– Colleges Ontario – College Voice
– Sickkids Foundation – request for donation
– Play Works – project report
– AMO – Cashing in on Energy Savings
– Premier of Ontario – news release – Ramsay to review challenges facing manufacturers
– MNDM – Ontario Trillium Foundation
– MPAC – update
Motion 07-12-01 MOVED BY A Chitaroni and SECONDED BY Lois Perry:
BE IT RESOLVED THAT this meeting do now adjourn. Carried.